CAMPBELL, Calif., September 14, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Barracuda Secured.21 Customer Conference 2021 —
- Organizations experience breaches and ransomware accounts for a significant portion of attacks.
- Despite fast connectivity, employees working from home still face operational and quality of service challenges.
- Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) technologies are seen as solutions to prevent security breaches and overcome the challenges of working from home.
- Companies are investing in Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) technologies.
Barracuda, a trusted partner and leading provider of cloud-based security solutions, today released key findings from a report titled “The state of network security in 2021.” Commissioned by Barracuda, the research surveyed 750 IT decision makers responsible for networking, public cloud and security in their organization to get their perspective on cloud adoption, working from home, security issues and a variety of cybersecurity risk issues and challenges.
Read the full report: http://www.barracuda.com/netsec-report-2021
Overall, the research shows that network breaches, ransomware attacks, and remote working challenges underscore the need for cloud-native SASE (Secure Access Service Edge) deployments. Highlights of the report include:
- 81% of respondents said their organization had experienced a security breach once in the past year.
- Companies whose staff work primarily from home had a significantly higher rate of network security breaches (85%) than companies whose staff work primarily in the office (65%).
- 74% of respondents said their organization had experienced at least one ransomware attack in the past year.
- On average, only 14% of employees at surveyed companies currently work in the office all the time.
- 97% of respondents with company-provided devices share their home internet connection with other members of their household, so the risk of a breach remains.
- 73% of enterprises with all applications in the public cloud have already deployed SD-WAN, twice as many as enterprises with only a few applications in the public cloud (37%).
- 68% of enterprises with all applications in the public cloud have deployed Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA), while only 38% of enterprises with only a few applications in the public cloud have deployed it.
- On average, organizations deployed 31 Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications.
- On average, respondents said 64% of their traffic was directed to public cloud providers.
“Organizations are experiencing a high level of network breaches and face ongoing connectivity and security challenges as they adapt to hybrid work environments,” noted Tim Jefferson, SVP, Engineering for Data, Network and Application Security, Barracuda. “But, they are realizing that moving to SaaS applications and public cloud improves both user experience and security, so they are starting to adopt new SASE technologies.”
Download the full report: http://www.barracuda.com/netsec-report-2021
Download The State of Application Security 2021: https://www.barracuda.com/appsec-report-2021
Download Future shock: The cloud is the new network: https://www.barracuda.com/cloud-market
Download Secure SD-WAN: The Cloud Launchpad: https://www.barracuda.com/sdwan-report-2020
Read the blog post: http://cuda.co/49771
About Barracuda Secured.21
Barracuda Secured.21 Customer Conference, happening this week September 14 to 16, is the first global virtual conference organized by Barracuda for its customers. Barracuda Secured.21 is an informative event covering a wide range of topics, including security threats and trends, hands-on technical sessions, new product announcements, and the latest innovations in email protection, application and cloud security, network security and data protection. For more information, please visit: https://barracuda.events/secured-21/.
At Barracuda, we strive to make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled enterprise security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that scale and adapt to our customers’ journeys. More than 200,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them – in ways they may not even know they are at risk – so they can focus on growing their business. . For more information, visitbarracuda.com.
Barracuda Networks, Barracuda, and the Barracuda Networks logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Barracuda Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
Barracuda Networks, Inc.
SOURCEBarracuda Networks, Inc.