We are looking for a Research Engineer who will be responsible for undertaking hands-on research and implementing machine/deep learning and association rule mining models that can be applied to manage network security. The candidate must be able to work in a team and must assist the research team in the implementation of strategies. The candidate must be proficient in programming and must be ready to adapt to the needs of the project in order to achieve a proof of concept (PoC).
- Conduct in-depth research of cutting-edge literature and prepare investigative material;
- Participate and help in the acquisition of data, the establishment of the network infrastructure (test bench) to conduct experiments;
- Identify relevant security attacks for experiments from acquired data
- Help the research team implement algorithms and adaptive strategies using ARM and ML/DL models for automatic generation and exploration of rules on network traffic flow data;
- Understand and develop relevant use cases for the application, implement them as proof of concept;
- Participate in the work for the filing of an invention disclosure
- Must perform performance evaluations/simulations as necessary for research work;
- Contribute to knowledge exchange activities with external partners and collaborators;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer/Electrical Engineering, with specialization/experience related to machine/deep learning and network security;
- Proven programming skills, especially on Python and relevant packages;
- Must assist with data collection, pre-processing, and setting up a network test bed for experiments
- Must be willing to learn and adapt to any new technical knowledge (other programming skills, networking aspects, etc.) expected
- Previous experience in network security and ML/DL, network traffic flow data processing, information extraction, will be an asset;
- Must be willing to help the research team implement the strategies
- Excellent interpersonal communication and oral presentation skills
- Open to CDD
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our top priorities, and the COVID vaccination supports our commitment to keeping our community safe and making NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. . Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interaction with students/staff/audience members. Even for professional roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence will be required.
Considering the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone on campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to gain successful employment with NUS .
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Eligible Employee Referral: Nope
job application ID : 15276