We are looking for a Researcher who will be responsible for undertaking extensive research and innovation in Machine/Deep Learning (ML/DL) and Association Rule Mining (ARM) implementations that can be applied to manage security of the network. Work should also lead to publications in leading international conferences and journals, as well as real-world implementations. The candidate must be qualified to implement and demonstrate a proof of concept (PoC).
- Develop algorithms and adaptive strategies using ARM and ML/DL models for automatic generation and exploration of rules on network traffic flow data;
- Implement ML/DL which can be complemented by real-time/dynamic ARM techniques developed to classify traffic and reconfigure the network during attacks;
- Develop relevant use cases for the application, implement them as proof of concept;
- Work on filing an invention disclosure
- Must conduct performance evaluations/simulations for research assignments and must work towards publishing research papers;
- Contribute to knowledge exchange activities with external partners and collaborators;
- A PhD in computer science/computer/electrical engineering, with specialization/experience related to machine/deep learning and network security;
- Proven ability to conduct independent research with a strong and relevant publication record;
- Prior experience in network security and ML/DL, network traffic flow data management, information mining, strategies based on dynamic or real-time association rule mining will be an asset;
- Must be willing to do network-based implementations
- Excellent interpersonal communication and oral presentation skills
- Open to CDD.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our top priorities, and the COVID vaccination supports our commitment to keeping our community safe and making NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. . Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interaction with students/staff/audience members. Even for professional roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence will be required.
Considering the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone on campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to gain successful employment with NUS .
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Referral of eligible employee: No
Job Application ID: 15275